Quote of the month:"Life isn't waiting for the storm to pass. It's learning to dance in the rain."-Vivian Greene
News and Highlights
Make up snow days March 3(blueberries), March 24 (blueberries and greenbeans too)
- No school March 31 Teacher workday
- Enrollment fees for returning families due April 1
We are starting off our amazing weather month with a study of clouds! We will be working on raingauges this week that will be coming home so each child can keep track of
how much precipitation we get. We will be recording weather reports to make a weather forecasting video (if you would like to volunteer to put this together that would be
fantastic!) Please show your child some weather forecasts so they get the idea. As the month progresses we will be studying precipitation, storms and rainbows.
Greenbeans: Will be beginning their Music month on Tuesday with the special guest appearance of Meghan's Fiance (a legitimate recording artist) to kick things off. They will be making guitars, learning dance steps, studying musical terminology and focusing on Bluegrass, Afrobeat, and Jazz this month.
Parent meeting Thursday March 13 6:00
Blueberry field trip Friday March 14
- WISHLIST-sandbox, additional help covering teacher meetings Wed. or Thursdays for an hour.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZBfOEMwymc (KebMo Lovetrain video shared by Heather Nagle to go with our Love around the world month)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHAqT4hXnMw (We are the Planets-Storybot video shown for Space month)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2nPI6CTlc (TED talk Overcoming Hopelessness)
- Adora Svitak: What Adults Can Learn From Kids-- http://www.ted.com/talks/adora_svitak.html
- Old Fashioned Play builds Serious Skills article: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=19212514
- http://youtu.be/Wpr6QgQco6c Check out this great video Erin found about Living Young!
- www.ot-mom-learning-activities.com Great website for Fine Motor Skill strengthening ideas as well as pencil and scissor grasp help!
- Please check out our contact page to schedule a visit! contact us.